Due to unfortunate circumstances, A Heart Serene has been canceled as Shaykh Riad Ouarzazi is currently unable to teach seminars in the US. We ask for you to keep him in you du’as.
But alhamdulillah Allah (SWT) has allowed us to replace one purification class with another. Because the next seminar to come to Qabeelat Wasat is none other than The Purification Act by Shaykh Abdulbary Yahya!
The Purification Act is a two-weekend study of the fiqh of tahara (purification) and a bit of the fiqh of salah (prayer). In it, you’ll relearn the ins and outs of water and impurities, wudu, ghusl, bathroom issues, and more.
So you might have a few questions. The first being, “Wudu, taking a bath, how to pray? Oh, okay… I guess that’s cool. But that’s like Sunday School stuff. Everyone knows that.”
Okay, fine. But can you answer the following questions?
- Do you wipe the back of the neck in wudu? Why or why not?
- Who is the Companion that told us about how the Prophet (S) made wudu?
- The Qur’an says you have to wash your feet. Why then is wiping over socks allowed?
- Your friend Ayman/Abeer says you can wipe over cotton socks but your other friend Mansoor/Mehreen says you can’t unless they’re made out of leather. Who’s right and WHY? (The why is key)
- If wiping over socks for wudu is okay, why do we wipe on the top? Wouldn’t it make more sense to wipe underneath where it’s dirtier?
- The water pipes froze and burst at school/work. Can you make tayyammum (dry wudu)?
And I mean answer them without Googling the answers. That’s what I thought. 🙂
This class not only answers these few questions, but teaches the whole foundations behind the concepts of what water is on an Islamic basis, how the Prophet (S) purified himself for prayer, and a look into some core concepts of prayer itself.
So yeah, this may be just “Sunday School basics.” But imagine learning it AlMaghrib style.
Oh, and the instructor, Shaykh Abdulbary Yahya. Never heard of him? He’s only the AlMaghrib instructor who played varsity high school football, had NFL player Corey Dillon as his back up, was so good got offered full rides to universities, and chose to get a degree in Islamic Studies at Madinah University instead.
Check out this video of his style of teaching:
Basically, sweet class, and even sweeter Shaykh.
Interested? TPA is the first two weekends of February and registration is open. Sign up here.